Salary: Based on experience
Starting Date: ASAP
Over the last 6 months, Microserve has gone from strength to strength, growing in size and stature and cementing our reputation as one of the most notable agencies in our industry. As part of this exciting period, we have some ambitious projects in the pipeline with a number of our world-renowned clients. To help make the quality of our client's digital projects even better, we're looking to grow our Quality Assurance team, with the addition of an enthusiastic Junior Test Engineer.
About the job
You'll work alongside our Test Engineer to ensure the quality of our development work is second-to-none. Day to day you will be testing responsive websites and applications to ensure our client's requirements are fulfilled. You will create test cases, execute test plans and document any defects.
You will be working with a friendly and supportive team that constantly strives to find new ways to improve. As this is a junior role, you’ll have plenty of opportunities for learning and development.
You will be:
- Responsible for writing test plans and test cases for projects.
- Responsible for executing manual tests.
- Writing acceptance criteria to support both clients and developers.
- Responsible for accurately reporting and retesting defects.
- Reviewing project documentation and helping to gather and refine requirements.
- Tracking and reporting progress with Jira.
- Keeping informed of industry developments, skills and technologies.
We are looking for someone who wants to develop and grow into a successful Test Engineer. You may have 1+ years of experience as part of a degree or work experience placement. You are passionate about quality and excellence and want to further enhance your skills in this area.
Ideally, you'll have some knowledge of testing principles and an understanding of the software development lifecycle. Experience working in a development environment would be beneficial. Familiarity with Selenium, Behat or other test frameworks would be a bonus, but not essential as you'll have a chance to learn more.
Be able to write clear documentation and understand the need for it.
Have good communication and interpersonal skills, and a good sense of humour.
Be organised and self-motivated.
Have some experience of testing websites across different browsers and devices.
A few perks
- A friendly and supportive work environment with regular knowledge-sharing events between team members.
- An annual budget for training and personal development.
- Opportunities to gain professional certifications and qualifications.
- Pension scheme with employer contributions.
- Flexible working arrangements considered.
- Your choice of hardware to work on.
- Regular team socials.
- A well-stocked supply of free drinks and snacks.
- Employee Assistance Programme for confidential counselling and advice.
- Brilliant central location in an iconic building with amazing views.
- 'Bike hub' with showers, lockers, and space to lock up your bike.
To apply for the junior test engineer role, please send your CV to [email protected].