Rate/Salary: Competitive based on experience
Starting Date: ASAP
The last six months have been really exciting for Microserve. We’re growing in size and stature, and we’re cementing our reputation as one of the strongest agencies in our sector. We have some exciting projects in the pipeline and are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic and self-motivated front-end developer to join our development team to help make our front-end delivery the best in the business.
About the job
You will be working alongside other Microserve team members to plan out, build and support websites for a wide range of clients. We are looking for someone who has a ‘passion’ for all things to do with front-end development:
- Provide front-end support and maintenance for our client’s existing websites.
- Work with our digital producers, UX designers and developers to define requirements and proposed front-end approaches for implementing the right solution for clients.
- Help to plan, build and support accessible solutions for our customers.
- Contribute to website audits, providing customers with a thorough analysis of their website’s user interface including suggesting recommendations to reduce technical risk and improve efficiency.
- Support other members of Microserve’s development team through training, peer review and knowledge shares.
- Write blog posts for the Microserve website to discuss front-end technologies and approaches to front-end development.
- Help to improve our front-end working methods and practices and keep up-to-date with the latest front-end development trends.
- Share your knowledge and experience with the team through both organised and informal activities.
The following skills and experience are a must:
- Comfortable working with CSS pre-processors like LESS and SASS.
- Thorough knowledge of build tools such as NPM, Grunt, Gulp or Webpack.
- Comfortable using Photoshop, Sketch or similar graphics editing programmes.
- Understanding of version control systems (we use Git).
- A good understanding of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1.
- Experience or familiarity of working with Drupal 7 and 8.
- Experience of working in a busy development environment.
- Ability to understand problems and explain the complexity of them clearly in plain English to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to write clear documentation and understand the need for it.
- Ability to make decisions quickly and with authority.
- Have great communication and interpersonal skills, and a good sense of humour.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle with a keen interest in user experience.
It would also be great if you have:
- Familiarity with CI/CD workflows.
- Understanding of Agile development principles.
A few perks
- A friendly and supportive work environment with regular knowledge-sharing events between team members.
- Annual budget for training and personal development.
- Opportunities to gain professional certifications and qualifications.
- Pension scheme with employer contributions.
- Flexible working arrangements considered.
- Your choice of hardware to work on.
- Regular team socials.
- A well-stocked supply of free drinks and snacks.
- Employee Assistance Programme for confidential counselling and advice.
- Brilliant central location in an iconic building with amazing views.
- ‘Bike hub’ with showers, lockers, and space to lock up your bike.
To apply for the front-end developer job, please send a copy of your CV to [email protected].