Salary: £20,000 - £28,000 based on experience
Starting Date: ASAP
We are Microserve. We partner with ambitious organisations to create elegant digital solutions that drive results. Over the last 6 months, Microserve has gone from strength to strength, growing in size and stature and cementing our reputation as one of the most notable agencies in our industry. We maintain strong ongoing relationships with our world-renowned clients, with an increasing amount of work in the Analytics, Conversion rate optimisation and user experience fields.
About the role
We work with a number of clients to improve and optimise the user experience of their website. This helps them meet financial and experiential goals for their organisation or business.
We are looking for an Analytics and Conversion executive to work with our Experience & Design team to:
- Create tracking strategies to monitor user behaviour on websites
- Identify insights and opportunities from user data and research
- Help create tests (A/B, Multivariate and Split tests) to answer those opportunities and insights
- Analyse and create reports from those tests
We would like you to learn or build on skills with search engine optimization and data analysis. Particularly using the Google Marketing Platform; Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio and Google Optimise. You might already have a Google Academy certification, if not we would be keen to support you to gain certification.
This role will give you the opportunity to work with and make a real difference for the exciting UK and international Charities as well as public sector and enterprise clients.
This role is ideal for a graduate or for someone looking to transition from a career in digital marketing or production, into data analysis or user research.
As an Analytics and Conversion executive, you'll use technical aptitude and an analytical mindset to track and report on user interactions and behaviour on our clients' websites.
Being comfortable with writing web content and having a keen interest in digital marketing would also be a real benefit.
Have an affinity for working with data
Be an analytical thinker with some understanding of statistical analysis
Have an interest in, and knowledge of, coding and digital design principles
Have comfortable liaising with team members and clients
Have excellent communication skills, with an eye for detail
Have an aptitude for using a logical approach to identifying metrics that illustrate website goals
A high level of concentration and resilience to meet client deadlines
Be responsible about time management
Have an open, flexible and adaptable mindset to cope with a rapidly changing set of tasks in an area of emerging, new technologies
Have the ability to relate well to other professionals and work in a specialist team
Have a willingness to keep up to date with software applications and new techniques in a rapidly changing profession
Nice to haves:
Experience of digital tracking and marketing software;
Google Tag Manager
Google Data studio
Experience of user research
Experience of statistical analysis
Experience writing content for websites or marketing materials
A few perks
- A friendly and supportive work environment with regular knowledge-sharing events - a recent employee survey highlighted factors such as work/life balance, company culture and training opportunities particularly highly
- An annual budget for training and personal development
- Opportunities to gain professional certifications and qualifications
- Pension scheme with employer contributions
- Flexible / part-time remote working arrangements considered
- Regular team socials
- A well-stocked supply of free drinks and snacks
- Employee Assistance Programme for confidential counselling and advice
- Brilliant central location in an iconic building with amazing views
- ‘Bike hub’ with showers, lockers, and space to lock up your bike
- Friday afternoon beers
If this sounds like your next role, then please get in touch. Tell us why you would like to work at Microserve and send your CV to [email protected].
What happens next?
If your skills and experience match what we are looking for, we’ll get in touch to arrange a 30-minute telephone interview. The telephone interview is a chance for us to find out more about you and whether you are a good cultural fit for our team. You’ll be able to find out more about Microserve and ask any questions you may have about the role.
Following a successful telephone interview, we’ll invite you into our office for a face to face interview. You’ll have a chance to ask further questions, meet members of our team and take a look around our office and working environment.