Drupal back-end developer
We’ve had a very busy start to the year and have more exciting projects in the pipeline than ever, so we’re looking to expand our specialist Drupal development team, with the addition of an experienced and enthusiastic developer.
If you’re a natural-born problem-solver with at least three years of back-end development experience we’d love to hear from you. Ideally we’re looking for someone with some solid experience working with Drupal, but we’re also keen to chat to anyone with a good commercial track record as a developer who’s keen to learn about Drupal.
We’re one of the largest dedicated Drupal development agencies in the UK, based in Bristol’s beautiful Harbourside. Since 2004 we’ve established a great reputation for delivering smart technical solutions for a wide range of clients, from financial service giants to charities, NGOs and local government.
We work with a range of clients on projects from simple CMS builds to complex web applications, and we're gearing up to begin some really ambitious and challenging new Drupal projects.
We take an active part in the Drupal community and set aside time in our schedules for contributions, such as participating in issue queues, helping with Drupal core initiatives, and attending Drupal events across Europe.
A few perks
- Brilliant Harbourside location in an iconic building
- A friendly and supportive work environment with regular knowledge-sharing events between team members
- Regular trips to Drupal community events around the UK and Europe
- Annual budget for training and personal development
- Pension scheme with employer contributions
- Your choice of hardware to work on
- Showers and somewhere to lock up your bike
- Top-quality freshly-ground coffee
- A continuously stocked supply of fizzy drinks, snacks and biscuits
About the role
We offer a competitive salary and a relaxed, friendly work environment. We promote informal training and knowledge sharing through skill-swaps and peer reviews, and we mentor new team members to become confident Drupal community members and contributors.
You will be working alongside other team members to build, configure and support websites for a wide range of clients.
The role will include:
- Working individually or as part of a small project team
- Producing high quality, technically challenging Drupal websites
- Maintaining existing Drupal websites
- Working with external agencies and service providers
- Using time- and issue-tracking software for personal time management
- A focus on high code quality through adherence to standards and team code reviews
- Working with the Drupal community to contribute Drupal modules and themes
- Communicating directly with clients to ensure the best possible solution is provided
- Contributing to client meetings and workshops, and explaining technical concepts to non-technical people
- Love developing with Drupal, or have a desire to learn
- Have great communication and interpersonal skills, and a good sense of humour
- Have experience working with a CMS in a commercial environment
- Have experience working with web-services or 3rd party APIs, using JSON and/or XML
- Using a VCS, such as Git or Subversion
- Developing in PHP with MySQL/MariaDB
- Be comfortable self-managing your time and working across multiple projects
Bonus points for:
- Commercial Drupal experience
- Contributions to the Drupal community
For more information or to apply contact us at [email protected].